Waiting to take this trip until next year will give me a whole year to further prepare. I can continue to study the Scripture, Israel, her geography, and sights in order to get the most out of this trip and classes. Perhaps I can learn some additional Hebrew and maybe even get an additional day in Rome on my way back. :) On the financial side, since this was an injury most of the penalties for cancelling or rescheduling have been waived. As I have cancelled my hotel reservations in advance, there will be no penalty fee there. I'm still waiting to hear on my airline ticket, but it looks like I'll be able to re-book it with little or no penalty fee as I do have a doctor's recommendation not to travel. The only additional expense of which I know at the moment will be an increase of $270 to the overall academic program next year.
Once again, thank you for your prayers and financial support. Praise the Lord that this trip is not cancelled, just postponed. I ask you to continue to join me in prayer - not just for me, but the people of Israel that they will see their Messiah; for the protection of the people still going on this journey through Israel; and as we are commanded to do, pray for the peace of Jerusalem. (Psalm 122:6)