Monday, April 9, 2012

Oh Jerusalem, Jerusalem


Jesus Overlooking Jerusalem
          Chances are if you’re reading this post, you’ve probably received a letter from me. First, thanks for your interest! A trip to the Holy Land has been a dream of mine since Junior High. This trip will certainly be invaluable as I gain new insights into the customs, topography, and way of life in Israel. The Lord has given me a deep love for the Jewish people. I truly believe they are still the apple of His eye. I long for the day when they will recognize their Messiah who came so long ago. As I noted in the letter, only 2.1% of the population is Christian with only 0.01% being protestant. Imagine 97.9% of the population without Christ, and even the majority of these Christians believing quite differently than yourself. How sad it is that the very birthplace of Christianity has so few Christians. The more excited I become about going to Israel, the more burdened I become for her people. As our Savior lamented, “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem … How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing! … Assuredly I say to you, you shall not see Me until the time comes when you say, ‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord.’” Can you hear the weeping in His voice? Can you see the tears in His eye? These are His people, but they were not willing. Lord, open the eyes of the blind, and unstop the ears of the deaf that Your people may see and believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment